Injury Treatment Plans for this area:
(* note. each treatment plan includes a free downloadable PDF. Here’s a post on how to use them.)
1. Pes Anserine Injuries. Click here.
This is part of our “Injury of the Week” blog series. Each post will talk about what the injury is and how it can happen. It will then take you through all five steps of the ATA self treatment system.
Individual Parts of Self Treatment System:
Part 1. Self Muscle Massage.
- Blog post with anatomy review, video and picture demonstration of self muscle release techniques for the adductors/inner thigh using a foam roller and tennis ball. Click here.
- Blog post on how to mobilize the adductor muscles using resistance band. Click here.
Part 3. Stretching.
- Blog post on beginner, intermediate and advanced stretches for the inner thigh/adductors. Click here.
- Adductor stretch (video). Click here. (this is part of a post on IT Band Syndrome)
Part 4. Kinesiology tape.
- Taping application for the pes anserine (common insertion of the adductors/hamstrings/sartorious muscles) on the inside of the knee). Click here.
- Taping application for an adductor strain/pulled groin. Click here.
Part 5. Strengthening
Right now our strength advice is specific to our “injury of the week” blog series (see top of this page for injuries affecting this area). However, all of our strenghtening videos can be found on our youtube channel (link at top of website).